* The NRA’s top lawyer claims he was not consulted on the group’s bankruptcy filing. Guess the organization might be shooting from the hip… [LAw360]
* A high-profile Nevada lawyer has seemingly admitted to failing to safeguard client funds and other ethical breaches. [Las Vegas Review-Journal]
* Several Italian-American organizations are filing a lawsuit against the City of Philadelphia and local officials over canceling Columbus Day and removing statutes of Christopher Columbus. [CBS News]
* Colorado is considering mandatory diversity training for all attorneys. [Denver Post]
* Drinker Biddle must face a lawsuit alleging it broke a promise when it purportedly promised to retain an attorney so long as she “performed as an average associate.” Seems like a low bar… [ABA Journal]
Jordan Rothman is a partner of The Rothman Law Firm, a full-service New York and New Jersey law firm. He is also the founder of Student Debt Diaries, a website discussing how he paid off his student loans. You can reach Jordan through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.