* A lawsuit alleges Florida police used excessive force after mistaking Star Trek memorabilia for weapons. They should have set their phasers to stun… [Hill]
* The Trump Organization has hired a criminal defense lawyer. [Wall Street Journal]
* A public defender is suing her boss for allegedly being told to dress more modestly to avoid the sexual interest of male prisoners. [Daily Mail]
* Three Michigan lawyers have been charged in a scheme to collect debts on money that was allegedly never owed. [Fox News]
* Check out this article on how Originalism is being used by state court judges. [Juris Lab]
* A man’s death after participating in a taco-eating contest has spawned a lawsuit against a minor-league baseball team. [Washington Post]
* The Biden Administration is asking a judge to dismiss a climate change lawsuit filed on behalf of kids. Hope they can handle the heat… [Hill]
Jordan Rothman is a partner of The Rothman Law Firm, a full-service New York and New Jersey law firm. He is also the founder of Student Debt Diaries, a website discussing how he paid off his student loans. You can reach Jordan through email at email@example.com.