* An MLB umpire was awarded $500,000 after filing a defamation lawsuit against a former pro baseball player. Guess his lawyers hit the case out of the park and that can buy a lot of peanuts and Cracker Jacks… [USA Today]
* Fox News has hired a new general counsel as it battles a lawsuit filed by Dominion Voting Systems. [Reuters]
* Harvey Weinstein’s lawyer claimed his client is going blind and is missing teeth in a bid to block extradition to California. [Fox News]
* A New York attorney recently appeared on Jeopardy! [Bronx Times]
* A lawyer for Marking a Murderer‘s Steven Avery claims a new witness’ statements may exonerate her client. Maybe they’ll be another season of the series afterall… [Newsweek]
Jordan Rothman is a partner of The Rothman Law Firm, a full-service New York and New Jersey law firm. He is also the founder of Student Debt Diaries, a website discussing how he paid off his student loans. You can reach Jordan through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.