* Former Attorney General Eric Holder, Jr. now bills at $2,295 an hour in private practice. Quite a step up from the government grind… [ABA Journal]
* A disbarred lawyer has been sentenced to prison for stealing nearly $1 million from a first responder who suffered 9/11-related illnesses. [New York Daily News]
* A Texas attorney has been charged in a $225 million tax fraud. [Houston Chronicle]
* Attorney General Merrick Garland led a commemoration for the anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombings, a case with which Garland was involved as a federal prosecutor. [New York Times]
* The lawyer for “pharma bro” Martin Shkreli is having his retirement accounts garnished as part of a restitution order related to purported wire and securities fraud. [ABA Journal]
Jordan Rothman is a partner of The Rothman Law Firm, a full-service New York and New Jersey law firm. He is also the founder of Student Debt Diaries, a website discussing how he paid off his student loans. You can reach Jordan through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.