* The Charleston Water System has filed a lawsuit against flushable wipes makers for allegedly making products that aren’t fit for flushing. Bet they hope their case doesn’t go down the drain… [ABC News]
* Maryland has finalized a $577 million settlement of a lawsuit claiming the state underfunded historically black colleges and universities. [Capital Gazette]
* A lawsuit filed by a Southwest Airlines flight attendant blames the airline on her husband’s death from COVID-19. [Fox News]
* A Maryland lawyer has been suspended from practice for giving paralegals the power to settle cases. [Daily Record]
* Since Above the Law has not had a “Lawyerly Lairs” segment in a while, just wanted to relate that a Florida attorney is selling her swanky beachfront home for a pretty penny. [Real Deal]
Jordan Rothman is a partner of The Rothman Law Firm, a full-service New York and New Jersey law firm. He is also the founder of Student Debt Diaries, a website discussing how he paid off his student loans. You can reach Jordan through email at email@example.com.