* A judge has denied a motion to dismiss a lawsuit filed by Amazon challenging the award of a lucrative Defense Department contract to Microsoft. Guess Jeff Bezos doesn’t have enough money already… [Verge]
* The FBI has purportedly seized a phone from a lawyer who has ties to Rudy Giuliani. [Salon]
* A lawyer connected to “Pharma Bro” Martin Shkreli has resigned from the New York Bar. [Bloomberg Law]
* The family of a protester shot and killed by police during the Capitol riot earlier this year is filing a wrongful death lawsuit. [NBC News]
* A New York lawyer, who is accused of vanishing and leaving clients and their money in the lurch, allegedly forged his mother’s signature on loan documents. Guess the joke about lawyers being willing to throw their mothers under the bus might be true for some people… [Commercial Observer]
Jordan Rothman is a partner of The Rothman Law Firm, a full-service New York and New Jersey law firm. He is also the founder of Student Debt Diaries, a website discussing how he paid off his student loans. You can reach Jordan through email at email@example.com.